Monday, December 1, 2008

My Fantasy Football Team Sucks


Quick note: Our league plays two games per week.

After going on a strong 7-game win streak, my team has decided to put its head between its knees for the past two weeks failing to post 100 points. In our scoring system, a 140-spot is good and a 160+ is strong. Therefore, my team has been performing like the Detroit Pussycats or the Cincinnati BunGals (or Notre Dame). It's not even worth mentioning that I've been blasted by the top scoring team in the league in consecutive weeks.

At the moment, I'm not holding out hope that my team will turn things around heading into the playoffs (starting Thursday evening). Fortunately it looks like I've secured a bye-week so my group of Numb Nuts can continue its "we look good on paper" trend.

These fuckers must all be airbrushed or something. Names & nicknames below.
  • Peyton "washed out" Manning - performance vs. the Brownies was laughable
  • Brandon "shut out" Marshall - no TDs since week 10 vs. aforementioned Brownies
  • Reggie "the Whiner" Wayne - no TDs since week 10 vs. Steelers
  • Anquan Boldin - this guy broke his jaw and came back three weeks later, he's the MAN. Second worst outing of the season.
  • Antonio "Rivers Hates Me" Gates - 2008 has been a very mediocre one
  • Running Backs By Committee - yet again, I start the wrong RB. L. Washington over Hillis. Oops. Slaton tonight v. Jax.
Draft redo - 13 weeks into the season, it's clear that I should have drafted Drew Brees & Larry Fitzgerald instead of Peyton Manning & Reggie Wayne. Additionally, drafting a Matt Forte instead of Brandon Marshall would have partially solidified my game of roulette RB. With Sleepers like Roddy White & Eddie Royal, the 4th round WR pick was a bit hasty.

That being said, unless someone can convince me otherwise (or increase my salary by > 25%), it looks like I will be refraining from next year's Season and saving my money for my upcoming trip to Vegas (time/date TBD).

No comments: