Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random (B@W)

"B@W"... A common term that stands for "bored at work"...

- I watched "Wipeout" last night for the first time ever and it just happened to be the "season in review" episode. A cornucopia of hilarious face plants, belly flops, failure, and embarrassment. I don't think I could sit through an entire show. What confuses me most is that it took TV producers until 2008 to finally air this show. 'Shlap-shtick' comedy like this would have been very helpful in the months following any major catastrophe that occured in the previous 10 years. Just saying... On a separate note, "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow" was much less enjoyable.

- Is anyone else worried about Team USA Basketball this year? J-Kidd, CP3, and D-Williams all struggled to keep up with Patrick "Speedy Gonzalez" Mills from Australia. Mills is still in college.... at St. Mary's (CA)! My astonishment would be silenced if the kid was playing for say, UNC, Duke, or Kansas. However, the heart of my concern lies in two simple areas: big-men and free-throw shooting. Paging Greg Oden and Bill & Ted (Keanu Reeves isn't busy, I'm sure of it). Go get me the 20-something version of Shaquille O'Neal. Final point: I'd take the 'in their prime' starting five of: Magic, Michael, Larry, Charles, and David over any 5 on today's squad.

- I successfully read through the first chapter of Strength Finders 2.0. I also finished taking the on-line test which pretty much told me that my strengths (according to the answers) are inconsistent with my current career and job... Now to finish the rest of the book. If only the book came with a lucrative job offer at the end.

- Cheap golf balls are cheap. Good golf balls are relatively expensive. Great golf balls are just plain stupid expensive (+$3/each). In my new-found addiction of golf, I've also determined that a better golf ball makes a difference especially after you've figured out how to hit a swing a golf club. Anyway, I found a ridiculous deal on Bridgestone B330s (retail: $39.99/dozen; $3.33 each) at the ever cost-friendly price of $2.17/each for a savings of $14/dozen! Take that Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy!! I play the e6+ right now, but the 330s were very kind to me the one (last) time I did play them (can you say "chip-in"?). Note to self - no more golf ball purchases necessary for 2008.

- I found my Halloween costume for 2008 (via geekologie.com).

My costume will come equipped with fully-functional Mega Buster arm cannon...

No comments: